To enjoy a happy, rewarding relationship with your dog it’s important he’s well trained, well-behaved and knows who’s boss.
Our experienced dog trainers give you all the tips, advice and guidelines you need to help you understand how your dog learns, what makes him tick and what he needs from you. And what’s more we ensure our one on one dog training sessions are great fun for you and your dog.
Our dog training classes include:
- One on one dog training
- Adolescent and adult training sessions
- Behaviour consultations
- Introduction to clicker and tricks
- Training packages
Our experienced and professional dog trainers only use up-to-date training methods – such as positive reward based training – which are kind and fair to dogs.
During your one on one dog training classes you’ll learn how to:
- Teach commands like sit, stay, down, come, heel, and leave it
- Walk with your dog off-lead using heelwork
- Achieve more solid ‘say’ and ‘recall’ commands
- Use commands and signals from a distance
- Stop unwanted behaviours such as barking, chewing, digging and jumping
We’ll also teach you some fun tricks!
Meet our Dog TrainerHeidi Zouroudis
Senior dog trainer, responsible for leading the dog training team and expanding our training schools.
Heidi is a Qualified Veterinary Nurse and a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers and has over 12 years experience in veterinary practice. While working in the veterinary world she developed an interest in canine and feline psychology and took her interest on to do a Companion Animal Behaviour course via Improve International in 2005 and passed with distinction. Heidi has been seeing both cats and dogs for one-to-one home visits since then and set up behaviour modification programs to assist in improving their various problems. Heidi has been running puppy socialisation and adolescent dog training classes for the last 4 years. She also sees these puppies for one-to-one home visits as well as adult dogs for both training and behavioural assistance.
Heidi is keen on using kind and effective positive training methods including clicker training. She most recently completed an advanced dog training instructors course with the Association of pet dog trainers.
Heidi continues to keep herself up-to-date with the latest information about canine and feline behaviour regularly attending seminars and training courses.
Price List for Dog Training Classes
- One on one dog training: Ideal for recall, chewing, digging, jumping up, pulling on the lead and basic obedience. 1.5 hour initial assessment £90.
- One on one dog training: Each additional one hour session £60.
- Introduction to clicker and tricks: 1.5 hour session using clicker training methods. This class is designed for dogs over six months that have already taken a puppy class at Very Important Pets or elsewhere and already know the basics £90.
- Behaviour consultations. Vet referred and ideal for aggression, phobias, vocalisation, problem behaviour when left alone, eliminating indoors, etc. £250 for two hour initial assessment, one hour follow up session and a written report.
To find out more about our one on one dog training classes or to book a class, get in touch.