Easter Dog Chocolate Poisoning!

3rd April 2014Dog CareLeave a comment
dog chocolate poisoning

Chocolate is poisonous to dogs!

Did you know that chocolate is poisonous to dogs!

Theobromine or chocolate poisoning is one of the most common poisonings in pet dogs. Theobromine is found in chocolate, cocoa, cola and tea.

Over Easter many of us will have Easter eggs lying around the house, but beware if your dog gets hold of an Easter egg and eats it he may become very sick and may even die!

Dogs have a sweet tooth and once they get the taste of chocolate they may go looking for it. It’s best not to ever give your dog chocolate not even a small amount.

The signs of chocolate poisoning include, vomiting, diarrhoea and nausea followed by heart problems and seizures. If you think your dog may have eaten chocolate the first thing you must do is call your vet and they can advise you on what to do.

No Responses to “Easter Dog Chocolate Poisoning!”

Leave a Reply