Tips for getting your dog groomed for the first time
- Ask for recommendations, either from friends or family, or your vet practice. People are always happy to recommend someone whose work they trust.
- Visit the groomers before your visit, make sure you are happy with the conditions of the grooming salon and how the dogs are being handled.
Find a groomer you like, and get on with well, the trust will build from there.
- Ask what qualifications they have in grooming and if they have undertaken further courses such as a Pet First Aid Course.
- Have a look at previous work, especially if you’d like something more than just clipping.
- Be realistic, the groomers will be managing your exceptions on what can actually be achieved.
- Let them know what you want, be straight and honest, so they can do the best.
- Trust them. After all being a professional does count for something.