Theobromine or chocolate poisoning is one of the most common poisonings in pet dogs. Theobromine is found in chocolate, cocoa, cola and tea.
Over Easter many of us will have Easter eggs lying around the house, but beware if your dog gets hold of an Easter egg and eats it he may become very sick and may even die!
Dogs have a sweet tooth and once they get the taste of chocolate they may go looking for it. It’s best not to ever give your dog chocolate not even a small amount.
The signs of chocolate poisoning include, vomiting, diarrhoea and nausea followed by heart problems and seizures. If you think your dog may have eaten chocolate the first thing you must do is call your vet and they can advise you on what to do.
Registered office: 8 Lombard Road, Wimbledon, SW19 3TZ, UK | VAT no. GB 979 7453 44 | Very Important Pets is a registered trademark.
The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018, LN/000004575
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.